“Centrally located good value hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang to your Saves list
Travelocity Orbitz.com
Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25A Farquhar Street, Georgetown, Penang Island 10200 , Malaysia   |
Ranked #19 of 49 hotels in Georgetown
Ryde
“Centrally located good value hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

A very centrally located hotel ideal for walking in the World Heritage listed core of Georgetown which includes Little India. It was very clean and comfortable with good service, friendly staff and great buffet breakfasts. The swimming pool is ideal for cooling down in what is a very humid climate. A good value hotel which is highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
BHGPenang, Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear JohnpaulRyde

Thank you for your great review and for highly recommending us to TripAdvisor’s readers. We appreciate your positive ratings of the hotel, our staff and services.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang soon.

688 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Excellent shower, good breakfast. Room century upgraded. Nice revolving bar at top of hotel. Very easy checkin, and nice staff. The location is really great for Penang. It's a good 3 star hotel. Shower was plenty hot with great pressure. Good variety at breakfast and worth paying for it just for convenience.

Room Tip: Room 904 was a good room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
BHGPenang, Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear maltravel

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Penang and for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay here.

Your positive ratings of the hotel, the shower, our staff and services are most appreciated. It is great to note that the breakfast served and the Revolving bar are to your liking.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang in the near future.

Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Well locate at the top end of Penang Road and close to the major local attractions all within walking distance. Checked in at 1 am without any hazzle and greeted by friendly staff. A delightful hotel, clean and all the comforts of home. Breakfast was very good and enjoyable. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet, we have the bayview overlooking the straits of Penang but generally any view will b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BHGPenang, Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear LaurieTruck

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you will stay here again.

We appreciate your positive ratings of the hotel, our staff and services and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Bayview Hotel Georgetown on your next trip to Penang.

Cockatoo, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Good clean, large size rooms. Sparkling pool, though not huge, adequate. Towels provided at pool. Hotel is situated surrounded by traffic so take care crossing the roads. Food market down the road excellent choices and all freshly cooked. Revolving restaurant novelty at 8.30pm it moves. Great views. Nice spa, but cheaper massages in town.
Close to the State Museum, where you can also catch the free shuttle bus which does a round route, hop on hop off. Look for “Shuttle or Cat” or both words on front of bus. You must hail it or it keeps driving past!

Room Tip: Ask for room over looking pool as you should be also able to see the sea then.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BHGPenang, Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Stutz28

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and we would like to thank you for endorsing our clean and large room as well as the location of the hotel.

We value your comments and certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Bayview Hotel Georgetown on your next visit to Penang.

Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

First of all, this hotel has a great location and a lot of the rooms have some spectacular views over the ocean. The staff is also very friendly. However, people who have read my reviews before, knows that I can be very particular when it comes to small details!

So here is my pros and cons!

Pros:

- FRIENDLY STAFF!!!
- Great views
- Beautiful bathrooms in the rooms.
- One of few hotels with good but not great breakfast.
- Good location

Cons:
- In our drawer there were pants left from the past guest!! No one ever noticed.
- Hotel bar was to expensive (I write this about 95% of hotel bars, PLEASE STOP OVER CHARGING YOUR GUESTS!!!!! We already pay a lot to stay at your establishment. It is really not a great marketing tactic!)
- When my wife used the bathroom in the lobby she was like dafuq? According to her it was the worst hotel lobby bathroom she has ever been to. And I promise you, my wife is not high maintenance.

My best tip to you Bayview Georgetown, is to put in a bit more effort and I would change my 3 star review to a 4 and hopefully in the future a 5 star review. If I can get a good deal, I will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Quickhatch

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Your positive ratings of the hotel, our staff and services are very much appreciated.

We have taken note of your comments over few matters and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. Our Executive Housekeeper has been informed to remind Housekeeping maids to carry out proper room cleaning/set up before releasing it to arriving guests as well as to ensure the cleanliness of the toilets.

We appreciate you giving us the tip and we hope to change your review in future. Please do let us know of your next intended trip to Bayview Georgetown and I am sure that we can work out a good deal for you. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I reserved a room through my baybiew club membership. .previously used to enjoy my stay in bayview beach resort in batu ferringgi and decided to sign up for the membership. When I arrived found out I had reservations for both a standard and deluxe room..I suppose when I enquired about the rates for both types of rooms...they decided to reserved both rooms..
It was donwhill from then on...I specific ally informed the front desk person I wanted a room with 1 double bed and Not 2 single beds....when I went up to the room it turned out to be exactly what I said I did Not want...the bell boy was great...immediately called front desk and I then waited for him to come back with the new access card for a room on the 14th floor. .I settled my luggage in the new room and went out for a bite...once I got back I noticed the air cond was making a bad rattling noise..no way I was going to get a restful and peaceful nights sleep with the noise..I called the gro line and it went to the operator. .I informed her about the problem and in addition as I was leaving to go out at 8.30 I wanted to let someone at the front desk know as well and settle the problem but noticed they were extremely busy so went to the concierge desk to ask for assistance. ...somehow I wasn't suprised to find I was directed back to the front desk staff...while waiting to tell someone. ..Another staff approached to find out what I needed..I told him about the rattling noise in the room and said to sort it out while I am out...got back at 11pm..tired just wanting to go to bed and find nothing was done during the 2 and half hours I was away..called front desk then..the person who took my call apologised and maintainance person come only then (Obviously he wasn't told about it earlier so it wasn't his fault) and found out that the problem was bad. Couldn't be fixed and called downstairs to get me another room...so my 3rd move..had to repack my stuff again..by this time close to midnight. .already extremely tired fed up shocked that I trusted the problem to be sorted before I got back but find that only now someone has taken action...the staff who helped me moved to the next room and the maintainance person was friendly and sympathetic. .it wasn't their fault but wisely listened to my complaints on how inefficient the hotel is..to me it was one bad experience after another and I would not chose to stay here again. .there are much better options in Georgetown. as for the in house massage centre..complete waste of time and money.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear sbshan

Thank you for highlighting the matter to my attention via TripAdvisor and the guest questionnaire form. We have taken note of your comments and will be looking into the matter in depth. We will find ways to further improve our services and ensure that it will not occur again.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the poor experience that you had encountered and all the inconveniences caused.

We hope that you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed here in July 2013 along with 5 other superbikers. We were satisfied with the rooms. It was clean and appropriately appointed. The bathroom shower was awesome IMO. It was like being under a waterfall :) The staff were nice and helpful. Save for a minor niggle with a fuse which was dealt with swiftly, there were no complaints. Lots of food and amenities were well within walking distance. Definitely good value and definitely good for my next stay in Penang.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
BHGPenang, Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear ezrafoo

Thank you for your great review. We are delighted to note that you had and enjoyable stay here and that our facilities met your satisfaction. We appreciate your positive ratings of our hotel, staff and services and endorsing that Bayview Georgetown will be your preferred hotel for your next stay.

It was a pleasure to be of service to you and your friends and we certainly look forward to welcoming all of you and many more back to Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang in the not too distance future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang? Share your experiences!