“Good for gatherings” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Singapore, Singapore
“Good for gatherings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We've finally gone to China House after hearing so many reviews from the others.

We didn't have any meal there, as recommended by cousins that the meal wasn't fantastic. However, coffee and desserts are nice. And we did order, yes, the coffee was good. As for the desserts, I think they can be better, it's just average (at least the one we ordered).

It's nice place to hang out. There are a lot of tables and seats, even so, it's still full house! You can draw some art, play board games, or even take a look at the art gallery at 2nd level.

It's a bit pricey, but it's a really nice place.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Seremban, Malaysia
“Awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We had two slices of cakes. One cake costs around rm15 and we didn't expect the portion was big. If you are dinning alone, one slice of cake could be enough for you. The milkshake was yummy. Other than that, u could actually draw something with the provided paper using different colours of crayons. Definitely will come back again for more!

“a heavenly place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

i was there to try their cakes/ coffee after hearing from my friend how good it was. on the way to back of the cafe, you can see lots of cakes display. Heavenly!

we did order 2-3 slices of cakes. and one of my friend ask the staff is the cake contain any walnut in it. the staff confirmed no nuts in it.

everything its good and delicious till my friend bite some Walnut in it. Well, we quickly ask the girl manager for explanation and thank god my friend allergy did not occur. If it occur on the spot, my friend could die and cannot breathe.

we accept the manager apologise and she replace us with cookies cheese cake.

if you have some spare time, walk to the back of the cafe and there's the outdoor. Beware of mosquito, bring your spray if u have one. We brought the Taboo game from the cafe to the back. It amazing place to hangout.

something to enhance the cafe: please don't encourage smoker smoke inside the air-con room. ask them go outdoor. it's disgusting to see such view while the cakes/coffee is superb.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Very cool; unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

A series of shophouses linked together very cleverly to form a number of different areas, including a bar, cafe, private restaurant, comedy night/jazz night room. Really interesting place where there is always something happening. Wonderful cakes for tea and the best icecream anywhere: salted caramel. Worth a trip to Penang for that alone.

Visited January 2013
Penang
“China House..Finally”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I first heard of this place a little more than a year ago but I was housebound due to knee injuries. So I finally made it to China House on Friday evening. It still has the "old house" feel and there's an informal feel as my friend and I sat on a long bench. The staff was ever so efficient in clearing the table when we're done with dinner although I must say that I think they are short-staffed. When we got there, there was a bit of wait before we know where we were suppose to go. The staff sitting at the cashier's desk didn't even look up at us and everyone seemed to have a "please wait" look on the face. The chicken shnitzel I ordered was somewhat dry. The carrot cake was allright.

• Visited February 2013