“Art gallery within the cafe” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 460 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian, Asian fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Art gallery within the cafe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Good atmosphere & great food as well as beverages...nice coffee! Art gallery was on top of the floor & the building have some unique design with good combination of traditional/historical heritage & modern art. Worth to visit...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Penang Island, Malaysia
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We like the dinner, wine list and atmosphere. The bar in the back is quite fun when there is live music.

“Good recovery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have made a booking with the restaurant weeks before my visit to celebrate my godbrother birthday. However, on the actual day of my arrival, they called me to say that the restaurant was full and required me to see at the cafe but still able to order the menu from the restaurant. Although the environment was not that fantastic but I still go ahead.

Upon arrival and seated, I placed my orders and the staff actually tell me that the kitchen was not able to fulfil my orders from the restaurant menu and advice me to take the menu from the cafe. I was totally frustrated and disappointed from the mistake they have handled

I wanted to leave but Anthony stop me and the boss was there to give me solution. It was Anthony who is very sincere make me stay to continue eating at the cafe. The boss also ask the kitchen crew to do my orders. They also offer me a drink as an apology.

Because of the sincerity from Anthony, I shall write my fair review of the restaurant. Food was pretty good and the cakes was very nice. Is a one off incident and I will visit again.

Geneva, Switzerland
“Best tandoori chicken sandwich ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband actually ordered this and I kept having to pinch it from him because it was so super good!! Portions are quite generous, so be sure to plan carefully as the desserts are also fabulous. But this is no hawker food and the prices reflect it.

Penang
“Great Cakes with Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

If you are looking for good cakes, China House is the place to go to. The cakes are excellent & delicious. However, if you are visiting on a Saturday night, do not expect to be served. That includes help finding a table, orders taken or being served for cakes. If you are fine with finding your own table, queuing to pay and buy your cakes (self service like in a fast food joint), then you would not mind this place. It gets crazy during Saturday nights - have been there only on 3 separate Saturday nights and it was the same for all 3 times.

• Visited December 2012