“Near to the famous hawker stall” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sentral Georgetown

Save Saved
You added Hotel Sentral Georgetown to your Saves list
Hotel Sentral Georgetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No 12, Lorong Kinta, Georgetown, Penang Island 10400, Malaysia   |
Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Georgetown
Klang Bah Kut Teh
“Near to the famous hawker stall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Just came back from business trip and this time, we opt to stayed in this hotel as recommended by my colleague. Hotel looks new from the outside and the moment we arrived, I found that they have limited parking space inside the hotel (about 15 parking space). Luckily, there was one left and I managed to park in a covered roof. Else, you might have to park opposite the road which is an empty land. No hassle during the check in process and staff is good as well. I was given the room at the corner which is a L-shape design. However, the air conditioner might have installed at the rather odd place which is on top of the room entrance door. Room is clean, shower is good, safe box provided in the room, free wifi around the hotel and surprisingly, the connection is fast which is a thumbs up for them. Location is near to the famous hawker stalls which is just a few minutes walking distance. Breakfast provided but not many choices that you can choose from. During night time, we have to bear with the karaoke noise from the nearby food court which opened till late night.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HSGeorgetown, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hotel Sentral Georgetown, responded to this review, October 24, 2013

Greetings from Hotel Sentral Georgetown.

Thank You so much for taking time to share your experiences with other Tripadvisor visitor about your recent stay with us.

It is good to know that you enjoy our location and it is glad to know that our rooms are clean, comfortable and you had a pleasant stay with us at Hotel Sentral Georgetown. It is definitely a great pleasure to have the opportunity to be of service to you.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went for a short family trip some time back and stay at this hotel. Great location, hawker stall and bus station are just walking distance. Food was never a problem in Penang.
Room is big and clean. Only problem we have was the noise from some night street singing till midnight.
Normal and basic need hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Greetings from Hotel Sentral Georgetown.

It is good to know that you and your family enjoy our location and it is glad to know that our rooms are clean, comfortable and you had a pleasant stay with us at Hotel Sentral Georgetown. It is definitely a great pleasure to have the opportunity to be of service to you.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

For a short stay in Penang, we opted for this Hotel. The hotel is conveniently located in the center of Penang. While waiting for check in time, I walked around the area of the Hotel... the at end of the street is a good Bakuhteh restaurant, across is a pool of hawker stalls at night (so I'm told but I never tried it)... walk a little bit and you have a Catholic Church which also has a Tagalog Service (to my surprise and delight)... a little bit more and you see the towering KOMTAR, tallest building in Penang).
Back to the Hotel... our room was nice and spacious. For triple sharing.. we have a queen bed and a single. It had nice pillows which I looooove. The bed was comfortable. Because the building was only renovated, I just had issues with the bathroom and its unusual set up. When we used the folding screen cover for the toilet, it came off which had us calling housekeeping.
Their buffet is nothing special but their staff were very nice and accommodating. We were able to borrow electrical adapters since we didn't bring one compatible with the electric outlets there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from Hotel Sentral Georgetown!

We are happy to know that our rooms are clean and comfortable throughout your stay with us. We are also glad to hear that our employees were there to assist you with your needs.

We look forward in welcoming you and your friends back to stay with us in the near future.

Medan, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed here when they were still doing constructions/renovation on the other parts of their hotel. I came straight from the airport and was hoping I can have an early check in. Unfortunately the room was not yet ready so I left my luggage in the concierge and decided to go around the area first. When I returned around 2 PM, I was given my key card with a note that my luggage will follow shortly. I was given a twin room even if I am alone. I called the reception asking for a double bed but they said there is none available. I did not make a big fuss out of it and just enjoyed the room. My room looks very new and clean. The fixtures also look up to date. The toilet looks very basic and does not go along well with the sophisticated look of the room. Breakfast is good. The place looks very clean and the food looks very fresh. Plus points also for the receptionist who helped me print my air ticket for no additional charge. I was asking if I can use their business center in the evening but the receptionist said it was unavailable. He readily assisted me with my need though so that was very much appreciated. Also, location wise, there are lots of hawker places around and malls too so there won't be a problem with eating out or shopping. My only major disappointment was that it was too noisy at around 2 PM when I checked in. I was trying to take a nap but the hammering and banging of doors kept me awake. All in all, it was a good stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HSGeorgetown, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hotel Sentral Georgetown, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from Hotel Sentral Georgetown!

We are happy to know that our rooms are clean and comfortable throughout your stay with us. We are also glad to hear that you enjoy our fresh breakfast and also one of our receptionist that assist you in your flight ticket printing.

As for the construction work, it will be completed very soon as not to cause any disturbances to our guests.

We look forward in welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Great location, hawker stall and bus station are in the walking distance.

Room is clean enough, and staff r friendly too.

But there r some space to improve. The water pressure in the bathroom is too weak, even I stay at 1st floor. Also, during the booking, I did remark I wan a high floor room, king size bed, and non smoking floor, but non of it fulfill my request.

Anyway, its still a pleasant stay at here, I will recommend thus hotel but kindly double confirm your special request with them with call.

• Stayed September 2013
HSGeorgetown, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hotel Sentral Georgetown, responded to this review, September 16, 2013

Malaysia, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The location was really good - walking distance to good food and places to get souvenirs (snacks).
Room was small, but adequate. The idea isn't to stay indoors anyway. Clean.
I stayed here a few months ago but I remember it wasnt too expensive. I wouldnt call it budget living either. Buffet breakfast is decent but definitely nothing like the spread you would get at a 4 - 5 star but its sufficient. I didn't really gave much thought to it though. Penang is a food paradise. Why would you want to eat hotel breakfast'?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Hotel Sentral Georgetown.

It is glad to know that you are satisfied with clean, comfortable room and satisfied with the hotel location. Hotel Sentral is conveniently located next to Jalan Macalister, where you can easily access to all the famous local foods and the major shopping malls.

We hope you will be able to visit again in the not too distant future and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next trip.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean, check-in efficient. Good spacious room. Value for money. Will definitely return. However, just one small comment. The breakfast was pretty average and choices are limited. Anyhow sufficient.

• Stayed August 2013

Greetings from Hotel Sentral Georgetown.

It is good to know that you enjoy our location and it is glad to know that our rooms are clean, comfortable and you had a pleasant stay with us at Hotel Sentral. It is definitely a great pleasure to have the opportunity to be of service to you.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Hotel Sentral Georgetown? Share your experiences!