My wife and l chose this hotel after reading all the good comments. We took the junior suite room for 2 nights.
The hotel was great in responding to my early request for Seaview room. When we arrive, check in was slow and we did not feel the warmth in welcoming us, ie. neither friendly nor unfriendly, unlike other hotels which we stayed in.
The room was big and was divided into three sections, the living area, bedroom and bathroom. We were impressed with the spaciousness of the room, but not the furniture.
The settee and the executive chair is old and moldy, so we don't feel like sitting in the living area, even to watch the tv. Tv image was blurry, so we gave up the idea of even trying to spend our time in the living. In the end, we spent most of our time in the bedroom when we want to watch the tv.
We requested for a king sized bed but found that the bed is actually combined from two single beds. It made sleeping difficult when one was sleeping at the center of the bed because of the gap.The comforter is also combined from two separate comforters, so, in the middle of the night, the comforter splits into two sections while the sleeper is only covered by the thin sheet of comforter protector, which left us freezing cold. on the second night, we turned off the aircond and switched on the fan to sleep instead.
It was also very uncomfortable to hear noises like growling sound, I presume, from the bathroom piping system. Also, the toilet flush is always filing up with water, and you will always hear the sound of water flowing into the water tank. Flushing the toilet is a problem too, because we have to hold down the lever for about 30 seconds before everything is flushed clean. We saw the toilet seats are stained and don't feel comfortable using the toilet seats.
My wife tried the mini jacuzzi in the bathroom and commented that the tub don't feel very clean, like it was not scrubbed since the last person used it.
Toiletteries provided in the bathroom were standard stuff, comprising a bath gel, shampoo, cotton bud, a comb, toothbrush and shower cap. Bedroom slippers were also provided in the cupboard in the bathroom.
Daily breakfast seems to be the same variety. The nasi lemak tastes plain and I think that should be the worst tasting coconut rice I have ever tried in a hotel.
Waiters who greeted us during breakfast was not friendly but we did not really mind. I would recommend that the waiters go around serving tea and coffee to guests during breakfast instead of standing around, chatting with each other. However, one particular waitress looked hardworking enough to bring omelettes to the guests.
We did not try the swimming pool at 9th floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Northam All Suite, Penang is strategically located in the heart of Penang's commercial and leisure district. The hotel offers easy access to the city's historical and cultural landmarks. The spacious suites, refined with homely earth tone finishings, Jacuzzi and modern amenities will pamper your every whim.The 142 splendidly furnished and cozy suites are replete with opulent accommodations complete with panoramic views of the iridescent sea. Watch the sky light up in a glorious sunrise or end the evening with the sunset as day turns to dusk. This is a stay in ultimate indulgence. The Hotel is located in the heart of the new business and commercial district and less than five minutes away from all major shopping complexes and Gurney Drive. It is 20 km away from the Penang International Airport, approximately 20 minutes by road or 4 hours drive via the North-South Expressway from Malaysia's capital city, Kuala Lumpur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Northam All Suite Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northam All Hotel Georgetown
- Northam All Suite Georgetown
- Northam All Suite Hotel Georgetown
- The Northam All Suite Penang Georgetown