This older hotel is well located, between historic Georgetown and Gurney Drive and its shopping and restaurants. You can easily get a cab to both places but you could walk to Gurney Drive, but it is a rather hot walk.
The room we had was a big 1 bedroom apartment, with a powder room and entrance area, a lounge room & TV (reception wasn't great though), a study area, a bedroom with a large comfortable bed and another small TV with a huge bathroom attached (with separate toilet and shower, twin vanities & spa bath). I would call it colonial style decor with modern touches. The rooms were showing their age a little and some things didn't work as well as they should, but they had a charm about them. The apartment was very well-equipped and the views of the sea and coast were sensational.
There is a lovely lap pool on the 9th floor , positioned right on the edge looking down on sweeping bay views, with nice sea breezes. On this floor there are also spa services. The hotel also has a Gym but I didn't see it.
Breakfast was quite nice with a fair selection of western and Asian food. They leave you a newspaper outside every morning.
The lobby has comfy cane chairs to sit on and ceiling fans which give it that Penang island feel.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful. I did have a problem with my room safe not opening on the day I was due to leave but when I alerted them they sent someone up to fix it immediately (I think it was the battery).
There are lots of little restaurant and cafes located behind the hotel (but they are closed on Mondays) and there a re some on the seafront across from the hotel also. You can also walk across the road to a small beach, at the start of Gurney drive. A very pleasant area to walk around.
Overall a very good stay and I would use the hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Northam All Suite, Penang is strategically located in the heart of Penang's commercial and leisure district. The hotel offers easy access to the city's historical and cultural landmarks. The spacious suites, refined with homely earth tone finishings, Jacuzzi and modern amenities will pamper your every whim.The 142 splendidly furnished and cozy suites are replete with opulent accommodations complete with panoramic views of the iridescent sea. Watch the sky light up in a glorious sunrise or end the evening with the sunset as day turns to dusk. This is a stay in ultimate indulgence. The Hotel is located in the heart of the new business and commercial district and less than five minutes away from all major shopping complexes and Gurney Drive. It is 20 km away from the Penang International Airport, approximately 20 minutes by road or 4 hours drive via the North-South Expressway from Malaysia's capital city, Kuala Lumpur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Northam All Suite Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northam All Hotel Georgetown
- Northam All Suite Georgetown
- Northam All Suite Hotel Georgetown
- The Northam All Suite Penang Georgetown