I stayed in a normal hotel room, and I was shocked at how large they are. They are a very well presented large room, with lounge area, workstation area, king size bed, 2 TV's, and the most fantastic bathroom.
The bathroom had a beautiful big spa, 2 sinks, great shower and toilet. The hotel room even had a second toilet. The view was great.
The lobby is very nice, and the staff were overall helpful, althought we did have one grumpy and rude staff memebr, but we will let that slide.
There is parking, however there is no lift to the carpark, so a tip is to unload luggage before parking.... we did not do this and had to struggle down 5 flights.
If you are particular about fine detail, then you may be able to spot a couple of cleaning issues.... there was some mould in the shower, and the floor was not exceptionally clean in places.
The facilities are great.... the pool is just fabulous. It is a horizon pool, so you swim and feel like you are on the edge of the building looking out to a beautiful view.
The breakfast was really quite good. There was a great variety of cuisines, and the food was good quality.
The location is not necessarliy in the most perfect location, as you need a 15-20 min walk to get back into the action, but in saying that, the rooms were so good and spacious we didn't mind.
I will stay here again next time I am in Penang.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Northam All Suite, Penang is strategically located in the heart of Penang's commercial and leisure district. The hotel offers easy access to the city's historical and cultural landmarks. The spacious suites, refined with homely earth tone finishings, Jacuzzi and modern amenities will pamper your every whim.The 142 splendidly furnished and cozy suites are replete with opulent accommodations complete with panoramic views of the iridescent sea. Watch the sky light up in a glorious sunrise or end the evening with the sunset as day turns to dusk. This is a stay in ultimate indulgence. The Hotel is located in the heart of the new business and commercial district and less than five minutes away from all major shopping complexes and Gurney Drive. It is 20 km away from the Penang International Airport, approximately 20 minutes by road or 4 hours drive via the North-South Expressway from Malaysia's capital city, Kuala Lumpur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Northam All Suite Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northam All Hotel Georgetown
- Northam All Suite Georgetown
- Northam All Suite Hotel Georgetown
- The Northam All Suite Penang George Town