Am so frustrated with the place that I'm writing this review just after checking out whilst I wait for my cab at the lobby... wonderful photographs on the internet are what drove me to book a room here and that says a lot about the photographer ...the hotel on the other hand sucks big time..big rooms are all that it has ...everything else is lack luster,run~down ...and that includes staff and the service they provide.Food on the breakfast buffet is cold but a bit warmer than the service provided at the hotel.. No room service menu in the junior suite..I had to call reception only to be told they offered fried rice/noodles/porridge and fruit platter...4 items on an oral room service menu for a room I paid 238RM per night for?? No toothpaste...1face towel...bathroom slippers available on request..and smiles from staff...non existent.
Being a hotelier myself for over a decade, it's just shocking to see the levels of service out there....I've stayed in backpacking joints on remote islands in Malaysia and have received better service .I can sit here all day extracting every single degrading word in the dictionary to portray my frustrations with the hotel, but I have other more important things to do A word of advice to readers of this review,please stay away if you want basic service ...there's a BnB right opposite charging 60RM that I can bet, offers value for money ...thanks for reading .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Northam All Suite, Penang is strategically located in the heart of Penang's commercial and leisure district. The hotel offers easy access to the city's historical and cultural landmarks. The spacious suites, refined with homely earth tone finishings, Jacuzzi and modern amenities will pamper your every whim.The 142 splendidly furnished and cozy suites are replete with opulent accommodations complete with panoramic views of the iridescent sea. Watch the sky light up in a glorious sunrise or end the evening with the sunset as day turns to dusk. This is a stay in ultimate indulgence. The Hotel is located in the heart of the new business and commercial district and less than five minutes away from all major shopping complexes and Gurney Drive. It is 20 km away from the Penang International Airport, approximately 20 minutes by road or 4 hours drive via the North-South Expressway from Malaysia's capital city, Kuala Lumpur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Northam All Suite Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northam All Hotel Georgetown
- Northam All Suite Georgetown
- Northam All Suite Hotel Georgetown
- The Northam All Suite Penang George Town