My partner and I stayed for 2 nights in December 2006 - rooms are beautiful and huge with luxurious bath and shower. Main restaurant serves excellent modern european cuisine, really delicious, althought the staff are far too attentive - they literally watch you eating your bread roll, and the minute you take the last bite, they rush over to offer more bread - they mean well but it is a little unnerving when you know you are so obviously being observed!!
I really loved the colonial style of this hotel and would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Penang to stay at this hotel - good value too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town