excellent hotel, well located, old fashioned and luxurious. We went there as the hotel was recommended by a friend. It was a bit above our budget but this kind of hotel would be 2 or 3 times more expensive in any other place. So let's get crazy and afford a Palace for a couple of night. The swimming pool is fantastic and the service first class. We arrived there at 6am after a harsh night of transit in a bus and did not expect to have a room before 12am minimum...but they managed to find one for us ; this is what you can expect from a first class hotel. And the breakfast.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town