Pound for pound this must rank as the best place to stay in the world. Ambience, comfort, charm it has it all in spades.
Rooms are huge and fabulous.
This was my second time there and the only criticism is that the service seemed to have dropped from my first time and their was evidence that perhaps they are trying to cut some costs.
It is also now being used by a lot of families and a kids play area would be perfect addition (our little boy of two had to run up and down the stairs for entertainment).
We will though return without doubt as nowhere else in the world can you be in such a unique and wonderful hotel for around GBP 70.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/Georgetown