Beautiful, historic hotel and a wonderful three-night stay, from start to finish.
We booked a premier suite and were thrilled to have a large balcony with beautiful sea views. The suite was impeccably furnished and very clean. My only gripe would be that the wooden furniture (easy chairs/sofa) looked very smart but wasn't very comfortable. I believe that different rooms have different furniture, however.
The service was excellent and we found that the room-service, bar (especially cocktails!) and restaurant prices were very reasonable.
Swimming pool was lovely, overlooking the sea, although there seemed to be a bit of work going on nearby, and you couldn't walk between the pool and the sea-wall as the area was cordoned off.
The location was also very good, with lots of restaurants and shops within easy walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Despegar.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town