Wow, wow and wow! We stayed in quite a few high-rated hotels whilst in Malaysia for our honeymoon, but this one was certainly the best and we only had a standard suite. We had the bathroom of my dreams, no less than two flat screen tvs, fresh fruit and the staff were excellent. It also had the best value for money wine that we saw in Malaysia and the breakfast was superb. The echo in the domed entrance was rather different too, not to mention the flowers on display. We were sad to have to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town