Lucky enough to meet the communication manager of this hotel, Zeta, who invited me for the christmas party. I discovered a fantastic place looking like the Raffles in Singapore. Authentic and nice place where I should have stayed. Ideally situated in the center of the town, far from the overrated places of Batu Ferringi. The place to go and to stay if you really want to discover the true Penang.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/Georgetown