Stayed for unfortunately only one night in February but had a fantastic stay. We had a high floor room in the Victory Annexe which had superb views of round the coast and the Straits of Malacca. The room was great with a lovely bathroom and it was possible to pull back all the balcony doors. The new pool and lounge area for the happy hour is good which was for 2 hours when we visited but I believe it is changing to 1. Drinks were help yourself and the white wine was vey drinkable! The selection of nibbles wasn't the biggest I have seen but all very nice. Farquhar's Bar is also worth a visit.
We visited the free E&O museum in the Victory Annexe. It is tucked away a little but is worth looking for .It is run by the lovely Merlene and she really helps bring the history of the hotel to life for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town