We spent four nights at E&O. It is indeed on of the best hotels we’ve stayed in anywhere. It provides a quiet refuge from the heat and the bustle of the city. Our room was on the new wing on the 7th floor. The room was very comfortable with a balcony and a view of the Straits. We had complimentary breakfast on the Planters Lounge on the 6th floor or at the Sarkies at the ground floor (but Sarkies proved to be very noisy in the morning).
Lavazza espresso maker in the room was great as well as the complimentary soft drinks.
Bathroom was absolutely huge, both shower and bathtub.
We dined one night at the Sarkies Corner at the Heritage wing and dinner was delicious, plus, great service (thank you Dean!). Unfortunately we cannot say the same for the Sarkies and its buffet. A real let down and expensive.
Infinity pool on the 6th floor was very “cool” during the hottest hours of the day. Pool service was also very efficient and professional.
The front desk was very friendly and willing to assist in any questions we had. Make sure you visit the small gallery at the ground floor which explains the importance of the E&O Hotel in the history and social integration of Georgetown.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern Oriental Hotel
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/Georgetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.