We only stayed for a night. Although the initial plan was to extend another night, we decided against it. I booked a Studio Suite at Victory Annexe using a special rate for government servant and requested for a full seaview. At the reception counter, a fair lady with hair tied in a bun attended to me. Her service was monotonous - asked for ID, process the booking and handover the roomkey. I don't find her friendly nor welcoming so much so that I avoided dealing with her upon my checkout.
We would like to assume that since we were paying a special rate (which is much lower than published rate), we were given a room with HALF seaview and HALF cityview despite our request. The room was fantastic but we were very disappointed with the view as it was supposed to be one of our honeymoon trips. We arrived at 12.30pm and we understand that full seaview room may not be available yet, but if she had offered us to wait for another hour or so for the room to be ready, we would have happily accepted it!
Cocktail and breakfast was great. The waiters were attentive and prompt at their service. I particularly like to compliment the service of a waiter named Jeeva. He is always all smiles while talking to guests and that is the service that we want, not the sour faced reception lady.
Other than the only bad apple, the rest was good - cleanliness, bellboys etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Splendia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Ctrip TA so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town