Came to this hotel knowing that it is one of the best hotel in Penang but turns out to be a great disappointment for both me & my partner. We came over for our Valentines celebration however never felt welcome at all at the reception upon check-in was quite slow as being local we felt discriminated that service was rendered first to foreigners! Entire ambience in the resort was great but however most of the amenties wasnt in the room and we had to request for it. Upon departure, staff at reception was totally RUDE & UNFRIENDLY ! To my shocking experience staff could even murmured and commented on guests and even showed tantrums at the front desk. Totally NOT what we have expected. Checked out with a very ruined mood over for the weekend and we will not consider coming back anymore since its basically more FOREIGNER friendly hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town