First of all, let me tell you upfront that I did not stay in this hotel, or dine here. It's more of a trespassing experience. My traveling companion wanted to see Ernest Zacharevic latest street graffiti and it's near E&O Hotel. As it turns out, the graffiti is by the sea and nearest 32 Mansion/Beach Blanket Babylon Bar. However, the front entrance hotel staff is kind enough to let us pass this super-exclusive hotel to get to the other side. As soon as we stepped into the hotel, it took my breath away. The colonial-style exterior is picturesque but the interior is even more mind-blowingly beautiful. We found the picture of three ancient dudes in this hotel's exquisite hallway, which we later found out that they are the hotel's founders. Managed to take a few pictures in the hallway, hehe. As we pass along, we stumbled upon a beautiful ocean view and pier, and managed to take a few pictures of the pier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town