I stayed with my family over new years. You feel taken back in a tasteful way into the late colonial 19th century, yet without missing the modern comforts of the 21st century.
The rooms are generous and spacious. The view and the facilities such as the pool are amazing. The location is very convenient,
The staff is well trained, and takes individual care of guests. When my senior father got lost, it seemed like the whole hotel was on high alert and looking for him. When we were late to a dinner appointment and no taxi could be found, the concierge took the house Mercedes and drove us.
Without hesitation I would highly recommend this hotel, as it is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in.
Just try to stay away from rooms near the pedestrian crossing, as it makes a loud noise when the light turns green.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town