Lovely visit to George Town and the E&O hotel. The room we initially had was not so great, with only partial sea view but we were soon transferred to a full sea view on request. Loved hearing the waves lapping against the shore at night.
Breakfast on the 6th floor looking across the sea was wonderful, and much more peaceful than on the ground floor. Room was spacious and they even provided a small birthday cake for my partner and sung her happy birthday the day we arrived!
There was a bit of an issue with the room at one point and they were rather slow to deal with this, however they did compensate us for this in the end and it did not detract from our overall fine stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town