This Hotel is a lovely and peaceful. The swimming pool is beautiful overlooking the bay and the food is great. I had a nice time there, the beds were really comfortable and the service was good. The only problem was at night when we went to bed, we could hear the staff running down the halls both at morning and nightime making a lot of noise that woke me up. But I am a light sleeper. Other than that this hotel is a great place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town