We stayed in the Victory Wing and revelled in the lap of luxury. Our package included free breakfast and happy hour each evening between 5 and 7pm with complementary cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.
The only let down was the extra bed that we had requested was not available at check-in and still not supplied 6 hours later, even though we had received a confirmatory email 2 days prior to our stay that the bed would be in the room. When the extra bedding was finally supplied it ended up being a mattress on the floor, not an extra bed as expected. This was the only let down to our stay and we would return again without hesitation. We would recommend this hotel to other travellers who wish for luxury at a good price.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern Oriental Hotel
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/Georgetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Otel, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.