We didn't stay in the hotel but had afternoon coffee and cake on the terrace outside. As you would expect, the heritage of this hotel is wonderful and the food was superb and shows the true colonial history of Penang. A great experience to sit on the terrace overlooking the bay. Cost I think £20 for 3 of us for coffee and cake and the service was excellent. If you want to explore the hotel (but not pay the money to stay) then I would highly recommend getting some food and taking some pictures and the staff are only too pleased to help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town