I stayed in the new Victory annexe for 18 nights in April only a few weeks after it opened. It is. Along with the original building, very impressive but in some areas the standard of finish is not quite hitting the mark for me. I had also been there for 5 nights before during a call to my wife back home she pointed out there should be shampoo, body wash etc. in the bathroom. I was on my 6th day and none had been supplied. Needless to say it was immediately there as soon as I asked about it. The room service too was a little bit hit and miss. As I was working I was eating pretty late at night and after initially being very impressed with the excellent quality of the food, fast service and delivered on a hot trolley, the next night it was slow, not on a hot trolley and cold when I got it. Even after highlighting these few issues not once did any of the management feel it necessary to have a word with me. This is something I would expect for any guest staying for almost 3 weeks! Unfortunately due to my having to work unsocial hours I was unable to take advantage very often of the free drinks and nibbles in the Planters lounge but when I did make it in time it was very nice to sit outside on the terrace overlooking the Malacca Strait. The Friday night buffet dinner was absolutely excellent and also good value and the breakfast choices were too many to mention. The staff, particularly those on reception, were all very good and extremely helpful. I would definitely stay at the E&O again if I return to the island but would much rather it was on a holiday with my wife rather than as a solo traveller on business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Priceline so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town