We walked in and.... felt like a celebrity!
We were in the victory annexe and were absolutely in love with the place from the start. Our room was amazing. The bathroom is massive - bigger than some hotel rooms I have stayed in!! The room had a beautiful room of the water and was spacious and well appointed.
Some great things that we enjoyed - the pool was amazing. Great comfy lounges to just lie by the pool and read and relax. The club room with afternoon drinks and food was very welcome. Staff were friendly and very helpful. They all say hello and open doors and it seems cannot do enough for you. Breakfast was very impressive for a hotel breakfast. We had the famous high tea and it was everything that it is hyped up to be!
Location was very central in Georgetown.
So all in all - stay at E&O if you want a special trip, some luxury and a peaceful and relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town