We had two rooms for four nights in the new wing and were pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness and views over the water. The 6th floor lounge was excellent, particularly the service provided by Jeeva. The infinity pool was excellent, with very attentive staff providing water and towels. We will definitely come back for another stay in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Venere, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/Georgetown