I was actually in Malaysia on vacation not business, but a supplier of our recommended the E&O Hotel in Georgetown. This hotel is a colonial masterpiece that has been maintained impeccably for whatever glory years existed when the British ruled here. The service and staff are wonderful, and the food is excellent. There is a buffet for breakfast and dinner loaded with Penang's famous cuisine. While not eating, you can tour some of the many Buddhist temple complexes on the Island. The art treasures of Asia seem to be really concentrated on this Island. The rooms in the hotel face the ocean and on the other side, you can walk through neighborhoods of interesting local markets, food, message, bars and night life. Its a place not to be missed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Venere, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/Georgetown