Beautiful old hotel, with a lobby that transports you back to a different time with a service and ambience to match.
We stayed just prior to the Victory wing being opened. The room in the old wing was the largest hotel room we have ever stayed in, with the bathroom almost as large as most other hotel rooms.
We liked everything about the hotel and would recommend it to anyone intending to stay in or explore Georgetown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town