We stayed in the original wing and had a beautiful suite (55m2) with a small balcony over the pool. The bathroom was large with a nice bath and his and hers basins. Overall the room really respected the age and style of the hotel which was why we had chosen to stay in the hotel. There are new rooms which are of a similar style in the new part of the hotel but go with the old if you can. Great!
The hotel has two pools but we stayed around the one at our end which we were told was not as good as the one in the new end but we were very happy.
The only real down-side of the stay was the service at the pool and the bar. We enjoyed the bar but the service was slow and the staff not well trained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/Georgetown