Absolutely loved the E&O. On arrival, we were given a welcome drink and showed up to our room by the concierge. The room was amazing! Huge bedroom filled with lovely antique furniture, the largest and most beautiful bathroom I've ever seen, and another whole lounge room, again filled with beautiful antique furniture. It was the largest and most generous motel room I've ever stayed in. Buffet breakfast was beautiful, as was the afternoon high tea at the 1885 restaurant (a must if you stay here!). All the staff were courteous and very helpful. The only downside was the service at Farquhar's bar was rather slow. All in all,would highly recommend the E&O.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town