Has much charm and a nice feel. Service lacked in some areas. In 1855 which is billed as a fine dining restaurant their was little fine dining training. Not knowing the difference between sparkling and tap water a little alarming. Fine dining menus are normally accompanied by fine wine....alas not. 5 star hotels need to ensure their staff understand way they are there. We did not let this affect our stay which was good but it should have been special. The service in 1885 was friendly but so inexperienced.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern Oriental Hotel
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/Georgetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, AsiaRooms, Splendia, Agoda, Otel, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.