My sister & I stayed at the E&O in January this year and had the best stay ever. We were in a premier double room overlooking the sea. The room was so nice. My sister is a smoker so she had her own private balcony to smoke which was good for me as I am a non-smoker. We also had are own sinks - so good for 2 girls. We loved all the staff - they were so friendly, helpful and respectful. We spent most afternoons having a quiet cocktail in Sarkies - the staff treat you so well. We tried the afternoon tea at the restaurant which was a special experience.
We recommend Paul for Taxis rides - he is honest and so helpful. We wished we'd asked him originally to take us places as we know we would have had a better experience. He knows so much. Breakfasts were amazing - so much choice and it wasn't too crowded when getting our meal. We will be going back so thanks E&O for making our holiday extra special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Ctrip TA so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town