My daughter and I had a suite overlooking the pool area and the sea, with large bedroom, smaller but adequate lounge and large bathroom with double sinks, etc. Biggest accolade goes to the staff, who were welcoming, friendly and could not do enough to please. Breakfast so abundant with everything you could wish for - and if they didn't have it on show, such as fresh mango one day, they went to get it for you. Loved our stay, hope to return one day to Penang, and this will be the place we will make our home. Great location, in walking distance of all major sights in Georgetown, and the shuttle to the beach hotel (Lone Pines) at Batu was a bonus (this was also a great place to go for the day, nice poolside lunch, stay for the night market).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/Georgetown