Great hotel in the same style of the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok and The Sofitel in Hanoi. Lots of charm, great location to all the amazing street food vendors and historical sites. We had a room in the wing close to the Banquet Hall and it was impossible to sleep. The hotel was kind enough to move us quickly without any fuss. So inform them before you do not wish to be in that wing. Breakfast is charming by the veranda but the food is just alright. The hotel seriously needs an update. The toilets could not be flushed properly and they are still giving Nescafe sachets for your morning coffee. Seriously - this is 2013 and to promote itself as a 5 star hotel, they need to move up a notch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town