We absolutely loved this place! It's a very classy but not overly pretentious hotel with huge, comfortable rooms. It's well located for touring around town on foot. The restaurants were nice with very good food. The afternoon tea was nice and didn't require dressing up for which was unexpected but totally fine with us. The wifi worked well in the room with very good speed (I had to download some things and there was no problem with this at all).
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern Oriental Hotel
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/Georgetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, AsiaRooms, Splendia, Agoda, Otel, Venere, Olotels, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.