I was lucky enough to stay at the E&O recently whilst on a business trip to Penang. From the minute you enter the lobby you know you are going to be staying somewhere special.
I was lucky enough to have a room with a small balcony and a view over the pool and straight out to the malacca straits. My room had two oversized singles which were extremely comfy along with a lounge area and a rather majestic bathroom with his and hers vanity units!
Breakfast is delightful with choices ranging from pain au chocolate to sushi!
The Malaysians are extremely gracious people and there is no end to their excitement when discussing local culinary offerings! Of which there are many to taste.
I highly recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure travel as there's nothing nicer than sitting by the pool at the end of a busy day enjoying a cocktail or two!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town