We haven't yet stayed at the historic E & O but if the lovely 'water's edge' lunch we had there is anything to go by, it must be a wonderful experience. The service was in a word, sensational, and the quality and presentation of the food, equally good.
It's a wonderful location, just far enough away from the noise and smells of the pier area, and it's been beautifully maintained. In fact, if you apply just a little imagination, you'll be taken back 100 years.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern Oriental Hotel
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/Georgetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Venere, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.