This is a magnificent property and is like stepping back in time. The ambience of the foyer is like being in an old James Bond set. It is sublime. I dont think I have ever stayed in such a classy establishment like the E&O.
The entire hotel is Art Deco even the pool area and the restaurants.
We ate at the buffet which was clearly the best buffet I have ever had the pleasure of eating at. From Massive steamed Salmon to Peking Duck. From Succulent King Prawns, Oysters to every roast imaginable. The choice here is endless and although expensive for Malaysia, is a steal for westerners.
Book this as a side trip from Batu Ferringhi and you wont be disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern Oriental Hotel
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/Georgetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.