we had an enjoyable time over Christmas at the E&O hotel. The concierge staff very friendly and helpful. The pool is very good. We stayed in a room in the original part of the hotel which has a balcony with good views of the harbour. Watched merchant and passenger ships coming and going. The buffet dinner in "Sarkey's" amazing with large selection of food and of high standard. Buffet breakfast in same restaurant good but had to order coffee several times before it arrived and then ask for milk several times. Our Christmas dinner in the 1885 Restaurant was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/Georgetown