The hotel rooms are fine, the furniture tacky chinese antic type, the bed was comfortable but the lights not so convenient. The pool is the best part of the hotel as it is along the water and of good size. The gym has antiquated equipment. Breakfast was OK but not at the level of a five star hotel. Common areas are not great but staff are wonderful. As there are not many good choices in Georgetown, it is a pretty decent bet. However, I would recommend to look at boutique hotels instead such as the newly established Seven Terraces.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town