We recently stayed at the E&O and were impressed. we were upgraded to a writers suite as the suite I had booked was above the main function hall over the Christmas weekend and the manager on duty felt it would be too noisy. The bar and pool dining was excellent and we found the peace and tranquility a real treat after visiting the beach and other city sights
The suites were well appointed and luxurious. The attention to detail was excellent and the staff were very helpful and courteous.
we will definitely return..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Venere so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/Georgetown