Trip was made in Oct/Nov period. So, following from memory.
1) Room was nice with a very nice bathroom - which was very lovely.
2) Very walkable - if you are exploring Georgetown - the location is good to walk from to almost everywhere in Georgetown.
3) Food was okay, with room service / breakfast.
1) Lobby was rather dim - not exactly a welcoming experience. More like a cold, uninhabited lobby.
2) Depressing surroundings - the shophouses around it are quiet or empty. The view of the sea(?) is nothing to crow about. But, this may be due to Georgetown.
3) Staff asked if it was okay to join to 2 twin bed together when I specifically asked for a queen/king bed on booking. I was rather surprised with the staff's suggestion given that it is a "5 star" hotel.
If my intent is to be in Georgetown, I will still pick Eastern and Oriental Hotel. Only because I dont think there is another more "luxurious" hotel around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/Georgetown