Well, as my title has mention it, I was here for a wedding banquet. It was held in the ballroom with a cocktail reception at the garden. First of all, the lift at the car park was out of service. Thus, we had to use the staircase, with our heels and beautiful gowns and considering there are some folks with tongkat. Luckily my car was parked at level 1. Imagine my car is parked at level 3?
Banquet service was attentive. What we requested was delivered promptly. Air condition was a little warm. Probably I was sitting at the far end corner of the ballroom. Food wise was a little let down and was not fantastic. It was an eight course wedding dinner. This is my first time stepping into E&O and I hear a lot about the hotel. So, I thought the food must be awesome too. It was not. Quality was moderate and taste is fair. Just so so. The food is not comparable to the status of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town