I wonder it's the off-peak period for M'sians and Sporeans (kids back in school) that made our stay unforgettable because the price was right and it was crowd-free! From the moment we left our car with the valet up till the departure 4 days later, it was just smooth sailing. Sheer peace and ease. You couldn't ask for anything more for a holiday.
The check-in and check-out were a breeze. Getting the car out and parked was like we had personal valets, not to mention the impeccable manners and intelligence of the staffs. From Day 2, we didn't even need to ask for the car; they recognised us.
As for the room which housed the 3 of us (hubby, son and I), it was long and spacious, with a sea view but the bathroom topped it all! We had experienced pretty classy hotels with cool bathrooms overseas but this was the best, with a His & Hers section plus a long bath in between. I can only imagine what the suites have to offer!! The set up was well-thought, comfortable and felt like home. Every part of the room was clean. I like the parquet flooring which is cleaner than carpets.
The complimentary buffet breakfast had a wonderful spread (not the best we've had but plentiful). You could sit in or out doors. Service was tip top. My husband complimented the Indian chef on his ability to make roti canai as well as waffle and immediately a plate of "decorated" roti tissue was served by the waitress "with compliments from the chef." What can I say - class A+ service!
What a lovely 3-night stay, the best we've had. Thank you E&O Penang and thank you Easytobook.com. You will be the first website I will check from now on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Splendia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Ctrip TA so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town