“Great Location, Excellent services” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cititel Penang

You added Cititel Penang to your Saves list
Cititel Penang
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   66 Jalan Penang, George Town, Penang Island 10000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #23 of 69 Hotels in George Town
Hong Kong, China
“Great Location, Excellent services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed here for three nights with seaview rooms. We were being reserved a connecting room at higher level (18th Floor). The rooms are clean and quiet. The hotel staff is super nice. As we have two eldlies and one baby girl, the staff has tried their best to cater our needs. Really thanks! More importantly, the location is great. The free shuttle bus stop is just opposite to the hotel. The shuttle can take us to the major attractions in Georgetown. We really enjoyed our stay in Penang and will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang!

It is such a delight to read your comments on how much you and your family had enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our rooms were very much to your liking!

Thank you very much for your positive and encouraging comments of our service and for awarding us the full score on the TripAdvisor rating.

I truly appreciate your kind words of recommendation and my team and I look forward to welcoming you and family back again for yet another fulfilling stay.

Tony Goh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I read the reviews of this hotel and decided to stay here. The location of the hotel is excellent as it is just outside the UNESCO world heritage area of George Town but is close to the main bus station (COMTAR) and the centre of town. The room was comfortable and clean but it was a little dated and tired-looking especially the bathroom but everything was usable and functional. There were many eateries outside the hotel and the hotel has its own taxi desk. There are taxi ranks outside the hotel too. I had a view of the Eastern and Oriental Hotel from my room and so I loved my view. I had a lovely time staying at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone

Room Tip: Do not eat breakfast here as it is expensive. There are places outside where you can get a cheap and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang!

I am pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Cititel Penang.

Thank you for looking us up on TripAdvisor and my team and I appreciate your kind comments about our hotel location, facilities and services.

Thank you very much for your recommendation and for taking the time to write in.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang soon.

With kind regards,

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Got a room facing sea view. Nice scenery. TV viewing offered many stations. Staff friendly and helpful. Location is perfect. Plenty of eateries and shops around.
Breakfast is optional. Served good food. Nice.

No safe for valuable, TV reception is horrible-snowflakes. Wi fi in room and lobby are unstable.

Despite above, nice to stay. Lobby is spacious and offered long sofa for guests.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, January 1, 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

It is wonderful to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind and gracious comments about our facilities, services and location. I truly appreciate your kind understanding on our shortcomings with the Wifi and the TV reception - please be assured that we are working on these issues to ensure that they do not recur.

My team members and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang on your next visit and our sincere thanks once again for sharing your experience with us.

With best wishes for a Happy 2014!

MEDAN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stay for 2 nights at cititel in standard room. The lobby is very large, the check-in staff working efficient and full of smile.
The room furnishing needs to be upgrade due the little bit old.
Room is clean and tidy, very quite.
Breakfast is variety full of choice, and yummy.
All the hotel staff is so kind, helpfull and the service is above excellent.

In front the hotel has bus stop, we can take the free penang shuttle bus to travel around the old george town city till jettty and komtar.

Highly recommend for family with young children.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you very much for your kind comments of our hotel services, facilities and location - they are greatly appreciated.

My team and I are truly glad to know that you and your friends have had an enjoyable time here.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back again for yet another fulfilling stay.. see you soon.

Until then, our best wishes for a Happy New Year!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

As the title goes, this hotel is located in a very strategic location which is close to the Penang city walk and the pubs. We could walk to all the murals in the city and come back within an hour and a half. Red garden, a food court with lots of hawker food, is very nearby.

Aparr from that the hotel is very average. From the room size to the decor, its what you would expect with the price paid. Very standard, nothing to shout about. My only complain is that I got the room next to the lift and it was pretty noisy at night. Oh and the bathroom is really small.

Service is good as they did serve us pretty fast. And we had to change rooms because they initially gave us a smoking room and it stinks. So they changed it to another. That room had some problems with the safety vault machine and that was fixed quite fast too.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for sharing your comments – am glad to note that you had taken the time to explore our heritage city during your stay.

I am sorry to hear of the shortcomings during your stay but am pleased that our team attended to your requests accordingly. I sincerely hope that this did not detract you from enjoying your overall stay in Penang and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Until then, my team joins me in wishing you all the very best for a Happy New Year!

Ho Chi Minh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We did a last minute booking online after had some terrible matter in another hotel (no hot shower for 2 days) and a this sudden plan to move to Cititel was an amazing experience. Since we need to check in early, the reservation manager (i think she is a Japanese) really give us a good hand to cordinate our request.

The lobby is spacious and the check process was really quick. We ask for a room with ocean view at high floor which was really nice.

Our room ia really nice with flat screen and modern interior touch. Really nothing to complain about.

Check out time also really quickly done by professional front office assistant.

In terma of location, it just a distance from the Komtar and other tourist attractions i town especially to the UNESCO World Heritage area.

If u are looking for a nice place to stay in Georgetown, this hotel is for u to have a look. Good price and good services.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you so much for your kind comments of our hotel services, facilities and location - they are greatly appreciated.

My team and I are truly glad to know that you have had an enjoyable time here and thank you for your recommendation and support.

We look forward to welcoming you back again for yet another fulfilling stay.. see you soon.

Until then, my best wishes for a great New Year ahead!

Ravenna, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Just good location near the city centre .
At the beginning they want us to pay for the parking even with hotel reservation.
Nice check in hall but very unfriendly welcome.
Room is ok but a bit old stile .
Bathroom with no wall shower only telephone style .
Poor experience , just good for one night.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review – I regret to note the parking issue upon your arrival; our car park facilities is handled by a concessionaire who will collect the car park fees upon entry with an explanation that the reimbursement will be done upon check-in by our Front Desk team. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience and I have briefed our car park operator to provide a more thorough explanation to our guests when they arrive to park in the hotel.

Thank you for your observations and I hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again to stay with us.

Until then, my best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Tony Goh

Been to Cititel Penang? Share your experiences!