I stayed at Cititel for a week with my wife while visiting family in Penang. The hotel is very well managed with helpful and pleasant staff and efficient operations, however the structure is only average. We originally booked a superior room which was overall unimpressive, lacked an in-room safe (although the staff offers free safe box at the reception) and had a damp smelling pillow. We immediately upgraded to a deluxe room which was much more pleasant in the furniture and satisfactory (probably a 4* room let a bit down by the old fashioned bathroom, albeit functional and clean).
WiFi is free but not really reliable (you can get a better one if you visit the lounge - nice )
The main restaurant was a let down; food from the a la carte menu was awful, we haven't tried buffet nor the second, Japanese themed, restaurant..
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport and 5 minutes to Penang Ferry terminal. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.