I stayed at this hotel for 3 days. Though it was my 3rd visit to Penang but this was the first time i was staying at this hotel.
Centrally located, very close to the recommended coffee shops which sells very nice local delights like Lor Bak, Char kway teow and assam laksa. It is also within walking distance to Komtar, Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion, Red Garden, the temples and etc.
Hotel room is clean and well stock of amenities.
Receptionist service was prompt and efficient. It was very nice to see the people behind the counters always having a smile on their face. It really does make my day that way.
Breakfast selection was great, they even have a Japanese corner apart from the usual western, chinese and vegetarians selections.
Penang itself is a food haven, i would recommend people to opt out of the hotel's breakfast and go for the local delights. You wouldn't regret it. There are simply too much and reasonably priced good food around Penang. =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport and 5 minutes to Penang Ferry terminal. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town