We recently stayed at Cititel for the third straight summer, even booked the same standard room! There must be a reason: very professionally-run business, from the front desk to porters to housekeeping, and all for an affordable price. New this year were the flat screens TVs, new furniture and carpeting, and a little upkeep to the bathroom. Good job Tony and crew! And another little tip: booking directly from Cititel's website seems to get you a better deal than Agoda or others.
And there are always new things to explore and discover in Penang. This year we visited the clan jetties and my son and I took a tour of the old cemetery around the corner from the hotel. We also took the cheap ride to the top of Komtar--all worthwhile endeavors! Penang is one of our favorite destinations in Malaysia, and Cititel plays a key role in enjoying these visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport and 5 minutes to Penang Ferry terminal. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town