We travelled to Penang for a short trip and stayed at the Cititel Penang for one night. Value and location is why we picked this hotel and we weren't disappointed. After travelling overnight we arrived into Penang in the morning. After a half hour and US$15 taxi ride from the airport, we entered the luxurious and well appointed lobby of the Cititel. Despite our 10am arrival, we were given early check in to our king size Superior room which was a God send at that point in our trip. The corner sea view room offered great views of the city and the sea, especially at sunset.
The room itself was nice and the sheets were clean, but the duvet did have a few stains on it. The bathroom is clean but simple and a contrast to the fancy lobby and other areas of the hotel. The air conditioning in the room was strong and a ceiling fan is also provided, but its speed can't be adjusted which made it less useful for us. Wifi was included in our rate and internet speed was good in our room, more than adequate to make calls using skype. An empty small fridge was provided, we didn't use it but it could be useful for leftovers. Two complimentary 500ml bottles of water were also given.
The next morning a paper was provided and checkout was a breeze. The hotel gladly held our luggage for a few hours before our flight in the afternoon.
Hotel is a great value with friendly staff and an excellent location from which to explore the Heritage area of Penang. It's also located in the nightlife area on the tip of Jalan Penang with great food options close by. Sup Hameed is literally at the foot of the hotel and a solid choice. The hotel is also a hub for trishaw operators which should be tried at least once for the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport and 5 minutes to Penang Ferry terminal. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town